Preventive care is essential throughout your life, no matter how old you are. By practicing good dental hygiene both at home and coming in for regular examinations together with your Lynnwood dental professional, you are able to help to keep your smile vibrant and healthy for several years in the future. Listed here are a couple of simple methods for you to avoid the build-from plaque and tooth decay:
- Brush your teeth a minimum of two times each day having a soft-bristled toothbrush. Use fluoride tooth paste to get rid of food contaminants and plaque in the tooth surfaces. Also make sure to brush the top surface of your tongue this can remove any other plaque-leading to food contaminants, and help to keep your breath fresh!
- Clean between the teeth by flossing at least one time each day. You may also make use of a mouth wash to kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Decay-leading to bacteria can linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t achieve. Start flossing and mouth wash can help remove plaque and food contaminants from between your teeth and underneath the gumline.
- Eat a well-balanced diet, and try to avoid extra-sugary goodies. Healthy meals for example raw veggies, plain yogurt, cheese or fruit might help keep the smile healthy.
- Remember to schedule regular examinations together with your dental professional every six several weeks for any professional teeth cleaning.
- Ask your dental professional about dental sealants, a protective plastic coating that may be put on the eating surfaces from the back teeth where decay frequently begins.
- If you play sports, make sure to inquire your dentist about special mouthguards made to safeguard your smile.
If it is been six months since your last dental checkup, then it’s time for you to contact our practice and schedule the next appointment!